Association Management, Inc. (AMI) offers an efficient and comprehensive management option for organizations seeking quality management services. AMI’s professional staff provides expertise in financial management, membership, Board and committee support, meeting and event planning, communication, organizational development and administration for associations.
AMI will tailor management services to meet the needs of your organization. The following outlines some of the available services.
Board Development and Administration
- Provide leadership and guidance to Officers and Directors regarding Association policies, practices, programs and events.
- Coordinate meeting logistics, prepare meeting material, record and distribute minutes.
- Maintain records of Board terms and elections and corporate records.
- Apply proven accounting practices and procedures to properly manage the Association’s finances.
- Prepare and maintain the Association's billing statements, statements of dues, and other vendor and member financial statements and records necessary for the day-to-day financial operation of the Association.
- Prepare regular financial operating statements, provide financial reports to the Board as directed to include a balance sheet, profit/loss statement and other relevant itemized reports (for meetings, projects, etc.).
- Prepare the annual budget.
- Coordinate annual audit (if required), tax returns, 1099 forms and other government forms as required.
- Research, write, edit and publish Association newsletters and publications.
- Maintain and expand the association’s website.
- Develop promotional and marketing materials to market the Association to members, the public and other audiences as prescribed by the Board.
- Manage logistics for trade shows, conventions, seminars and other meetings/events as directed.
- Select meeting site, negotiate room rates and all terms with hotel/meeting site.
- Prepare promotional and registration materials, coordinate with graphic artist, printer and other outside vendors to produce promotional material.
- Receive and process meeting registrations.
- Coordinate audio-visual, photography, entertainment, special ceremonies/events and other meeting arrangements such as menus.
- Secure speakers, arrange travel and other necessary logistics for speakers.
- Staff registration desk for meetings, prepare name badges, registration lists/packets, and signage indicating functions and sponsors, if any.
- Provide on-site management of meeting by staff. Staffing may include a third party meeting planner hired by AMI for this purpose.
- Provide staff support for Association programs and committees as mutually defined and agreed by both parties.
- Establish, maintain and update membership records including general data about members, membership type and other desired statistics.
- Respond to telephone and written requests from members and the public.
- Handle general correspondence to the membership and coordinate mailings/faxes and emails to the Board and membership.
- Maintain broadcast fax/email lists.
- Maintain association files.
Association Management, Inc.
150 Fayetteville Street, Suite 1270
Raleigh NC 27601
PO Box 905
Raleigh NC 27602